Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Erin



Today I want to talk about motherhood and especially the special if not at times fragile relationship between mothers and daughters.
30 years ago today my wonderful April miracle was born. I can hardly believe it, where did the years go.
It hasn't always been easy being a mother, sometimes, okay a lot of times I made mistakes and sometimes those mistakes cost precious time to heal. If motherhood came with a instruction manual I don't think I would have adhered to it's strictures completely anyway. I like to make my own decisions too. But what I did learn as a result of being a mom was that life changed and for the better because there was now someone else to share it with, someone very special.
So for those moms out there who don't have a special relationship with their daughters or sons let me tell you that it's never too late. You have to at least try, because they are your legacy. And for those moms out there who do enjoy that wonderful bond with their children take the time right now to tell them how special they are to you.
Life is short, don't waste it.
And finally to my baby. I love you Erin with all my heart. Happy Birthday to my April miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie - Thanks for the reminder to let the people we love, know it everyday.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne, I forget too often. Have a great day!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a lovely post. I am going to celebrate my 30th birthday this month. My mom is not with us anymore but I can be sure that she would have thought the same. She wanted me to celebrate my 30th birthday in one of her favorite San Francisco venues. I am going to miss her a lot.

    ReplyDelete