by Bill Larkin
on Tour August 1- September 30, 2016
In the chaotic aftermath of a massive earthquake that leveled much of the Los Angeles region, a LAPD deputy chief sends an elite team of detectives on a rescue mission. They are ordered to set aside all law enforcement duties, to ignore the destruction and to focus on one task: Find LAPD Detective Gavin Shaw, who disappeared just before the earthquake.
Kevin “Schmitty” Schmidt of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department joins five others on the rescue team. With rioting, looting, attacks and homicides rampant in the streets, the six cops have to defend themselves while chasing down leads on the whereabouts of Shaw. The mission takes them through the dizzying war zone and the more they encounter, the more they wonder why they are searching for one man in these extreme circumstances. Why is this man so important to the deputy chief, and why now?
Schmitty discovers that others with high connections are also after Shaw. The questions pile even higher when they learn of a shadowy history between Shaw and the deputy chief. A history with deadly consequences for the team as they uncover a threat that elevates the mission to a race against time.
Book Details:Genre: Crime Fiction
Published by: Indie
Publication Date: August 4th 2016
Number of Pages: 366
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble Goodreads
Read an excerpt:
Author Bio:Detective Lessons. He has also written several short stories, including The Highlands and Shadow Truth, both Amazon category bestsellers. Bill previously served as a reserve with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, then the Los Angeles Police Department where he worked in four different divisions and a detective assignment. Bill is a member of the Mystery Writers of America and International Thriller Writers.
Catch Up With Mr. Larkin: Bill Larkin's Website Bill Larkin's Twitter
1. 08/01 Showcase @ Rockin Book Reviews
2. 08/02 Interview @ Writers and Authors
3. 08/17 Review @ Buried Under Books
4. 08/18 Showcase @ The Reading Frenzy
5. 08/20 Review @ Book Reviews from an Avid Reader
6. 08/22 Review @ the Blacksheep Project
7. 08/24 Guest Post & Showcase @ The Book Divas Reads
8. 08/25 Review @ Mystery Suspense Reviews
9. 08/26 Review @ Deal Sharing Aunt
10. 08/28 Showcase @ Writers and Authors
11. 08/29 Review & Interview @ Building Bookshelves
12. 08/30 Review @ Book Reviews, Nature Pictues and Everything in Between
13. 08/31 Review @ just reviews
14. 09/01 Review @ fundinmental
15. 09/03 Review @ b00k r3vi3ws
16. 09/05 Interview @ BooksChatter
17. 09/06 Review @ Wall-to-wall books
18. 09/07 Review & Showcase @ CMash Reads
19. 09/08 Guest Post @ b00k r3vi3ws
20. 09/15 Review @ Rockin Book Reviews
21. 09/24 Review @ A Bookaholic Swede
22. 10/20 Blog Talk Radio w/Fran Lewis
Visit Partners In Crime Virtual Book Tours for new stops on the tour!
Don't Miss Your Chance to Win Bullet in the Blue Sky by Bill Larkin:
This is a rafflecopter giveaway hosted by Partners In Crime Virtual Book Tours for Bill Larkin. There will be ONE (1) prize & ONE (1) Winner for this tour. The winner will receive 1 copy of Bullet in the Blue Sky by Bill Larkin. Winners within the United States may choose either an eBook or a physical book however, winners outside the US can only receive an eBook. This is subject to change without notification. The giveaway begins on August 1st and runs through September 30th, 2016.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Today's Gonereading item is:
Click HERE for the buy page
Click HERE for the buy page