In July I posted about Harlequin's new writing contest "Oooooh Canada" submissions are being accepted from July 1st through September 12th so if you've ever wanted to see if you had the right stuff to be an author you've got one month left.
The Details follow
Official name of writing contest: Ooooh…Canada!
Official launch of announcement: Friday, July 1st
Submission dates: Friday, July 1st – Monday, September 12th
Call to action: WRITERS! Are you interested in working with the world’s leading publisher of books for women? Do you love romance and are an advocate of the happily ever after? Are your characters strong & rugged, refined & sophisticated, dark & mysterious, charming & sexy, or brash & bold? Harlequin is on a nationwide mission for the great Canadian romantic hero! You do not have to be a Canadian to submit, but the story and characters should be adapted to tell a great Canadian romance.
Writing tips: Follow the #CanadianRomanticHero hashtag on Twitter for exclusive content, helpful hints and more!
List of imprints accepting submissions:
- Harlequin Desire
- Harlequin Heartwarming
- Harlequin Historical
- Harlequin Intrigue
- Harlequin Kimani Romance
- Harlequin Medical Romance
- Harlequin Nocturne
- Harlequin Presents
- Harlequin Romance
- Harlequin Romantic Suspense
- Harlequin Special Edition
- Harlequin Superromance
- Harlequin Western Romance
- Love Inspired
- Love Inspired Historical
- Love Inspired Suspense
What Harlequin needs to receive:
- Word count, manuscript title and any details about your publishing history (debut’s are welcome!)
- A cover letter that introduces your book and includes any previous publishing credits, writing contest wins, or affiliations.
- A 4 – 6 page synopsis. What happens in your book: tell us the key moments, the crucial twists and turns, and how it ends! Show us what drives your story forward, including the internal and external conflicts your hero and heroine face to get to their happily ever after.
- The first chapter of your manuscript (up to 25 pages).
What you get after submitting:
- Skip the slush pile and hear back from Harlequin by .
- Editorial feedback for every appropriate story received.
- The possibility of having your novel published in Harlequin, the world’s leading publisher of books for women.
Where to submit: Visit http://Harlequin.submittable.
a must for every author on deadline
an I like Big Books Coffee Mug
Click HERE for the buy page