Friday, May 20, 2022

Sophia Rose Reviews Jinxing the Warlord by Gail Koger

Today Sophia Rose is back with a review of #14 in Gail Koger's Coletti Warlords series, Jinxing the Warlord
Enjoy!


Jinxing the Warlord by Gail Koger

#14 Coletti Warlords

Sci Fi Romance

Publisher: self-published
Published:  4.18.22

Pages: 174

Rating: 4 stars

Format: eARC

Source: Author

Sellers: Amazon

ADD TO: Goodreads

 

GoodReads Blurb:

How did I end up on the barren world of Cygnus? Fate and a promise made under duress. My name is Jinx Tuva. To say my early childhood was rough is putting it mildly. My father hid me from the lawless inhabitants and taught me how to be a warrior. Loneliness was my constant companion. I dreamed of having friends, meeting new species and traveling the galaxy.

Turns out Fate is one twisted bitch. She granted me my wish. It’s hard to feel lonely while caring for the three feisty, alien children I had rescued. To make things even more fun, a bad-tempered Coletti War Commander has decided I’m his. As if. Okay, he does have a great ass and his kisses are pretty awesome, but bossy doesn’t even begin to describe him.

Mallox, the most hunted villain in the galaxy, is doing his level best to take the children from me. My psychic powers are unique, but are they enough to keep the kids safe? Maybe. The only way to guarantee their safety is to mate with Caleb Jones, the sexy War Commander.

 

Sophia Rose's Review:

A feisty psychic female warrior, a cranky Coletti male warlord on a mission, adorable alien orphans, and a menace to the galaxy on their trail gets me excited for another round of hilarious hijinks, alien action, and sexy sci-fi mayhem.

 

Jinxing the Warlord is fourteenth in a series of mostly standalones though there are series arcs that build through each book and the world building makes more sense if read from the beginning.

 

Jinx is the child of a warrior and he brought her up on a frontier planet to know how to survive.  It doesn’t hurt that Jinx has some powerful psychic gifts- ability to raise a telekinetic shield, telepathy and control of animals, and a sixth sense when others are near.  Her dad’s latest job gets them tangled up with an evil scientist hiding an experimentation lab on their low population planet and the scientist is allied with the aliens who are attacking and trying to conquer the galaxy.  During her first encounter with a low life working for the scientist, she rescues some orphaned alien babies and other prisoners and runs into an obnoxious and arrogant Coletti agent, War Commander Caleb Jones, who is looking for the lab.  Okay, and he’s hot and has some good points, she is reluctant to admit.  Too bad they have to team up for survival and to stop the evil scientists and the Rodan.

 

I have a good time with the action-oriented plot, the sassy dialogue and unique aliens and worlds backing up a feisty romance pair in these stories.  They are quick-reads and light even though the aliens fight dirty and get up to some pretty sneaky antics.

 

Jinx and her sweet connection with the alien kids was great and I enjoyed seeing tough warlord Caleb show her that he was a good bet because he accepted her as she is, respected her abilities, and didn’t bat an eye when she came with the band of misfit kids.  The romance moves along as quickly as the action, but it works for the tone and pace of the story.

 

I relaxed and was entertained by Jinx’s adventures that bring the sexual spice and pops of humor to an alien setting.  As usual, I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book.  I can recommend these for those who like light and sexy quick-read sci-fi romances.

 


Author Bio:

I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good. I’ve had my weird but true stories published in newspapers and magazines.

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/gail.koger.3?fref=nf

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/askole

 

 


Sophia’s Bio:

Sophia is a quiet though curious gal who dabbles in cooking, book reviewing, and gardening. Encouraged and supported by an incredible man and loving family. A Northern Californian transplant to the Great Lakes Region of the US. Lover of Jane Austen, Baseball, Cats, Scooby Doo, and Chocolate.

Sophia’s Social Media Links:

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/sophia.rose.7587

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sophiarose1816

GoodReads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13418187.Sophia_Rose

 

 

8 comments: