Saturday, March 14, 2020

Coronavirus



I have tried not to fall victim to the coronavirus scare and so far I have not bought 30 industrial size packs of toilet paper or 3 semis full of cleaning supplies but I like many of you are starting to be concerned for many reasons. Yes this virus is predicted to be less of a killer than the normal everyday flu but my husband was recently hospitalized with the flu that turned to pneumonia and he is one of the people that would be at a higher risk of dying if contracting the virus because of his many underlying health issues. I too am at a higher risk because I'm over 60 so yes I'm officially scared.

I mean how can you not be scared when even if you don't get the virus your 401K may need life support and Charmin, Campbell's Soup and other food staple companies may have to open new factories so you can go to your local supermarket and buy a normal week's supply.

How can you not be scared when the dots on this map keep growing and getting closer to where you live.
And when the federal government and many states have declared a national emergency



Unfortunately someone you know will contract this virus and hopefully they will have a light case and recover but we all have to do our parts. 
Wash your hands
Stay home if your sick (you may infect your best friend's granny who doesn't make it)
if you have symptoms call your Primary Care doc or your local health department and they can arrange for you to be tested. Do NOT go to the ER or Urgent Care where you could expose others.

Use common sense
If you're told to self quarantine do NOT go ANYWHERE
And check on your elderly relatives and neighbors





But ultimately remember we will get through this not unscathed but stronger for having survived yet another challenge. So Hang In There and stay well!



10 comments:

  1. All the best Debbie - thinking of you and your hubby. We have just put strong plans in place and my sister who comes back from Australia tomorrow will have to self isolate for 2 weeks. Some anxiety will help us be cautious I think. I do hope your hubby is well on the way to recovery from his bad bout. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn he is doing better, good luck with your sister having to quarantine for 2 weeks

      Delete
  2. It is scary, and Italy sure has a higher number than the normal flu killrate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking to my husband about you and your husband and that I was worried about y’all. I hope you both stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet to think of us Jenea. We're just going to pretend we're snowed in until it's safe to go out. xo

      Delete
  4. Like you my husband is a health risk with an underlying health problem. Scary times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you and your husband stay safe and healthy! The kids and I are home/out of school for at least a couple more weeks, but my husband has to go to work. I'm worried about him being exposed. He has some health conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts and prayers with you and your family Dianna

      Delete