Friday, September 16, 2022

Sophia Rose Reviews Forever Askole by Gail Koger


Today I Welcome Sophia Rose back to the blog with her review of Forever Askole by Gail Koger. Now I don't know about you but after that title I can't wait to learn more about this novel.
Enjoy! 



Forever Askole by Gail Koger

#16 Coletti Warlords

Sci-Fi Romance

Publisher: Gail Koger

Published: 8.22.22

ASIN:  B0BBPD928N

Pages:  164

Rating: 4.5 stars

Flames: 3

Format: eARC

Source: Author

Sellers: Amazon


GoodReads:  My name is Ella McAllister, I’m a psychic witch and a healer. My life is kinda nuts. Not only do I have the Coletti hunters chasing me, but now I also have a very determined Askole High Commander after me. Why? I shot his ship down and it crash landed, and it blew up. Yep, itty-bitty pieces everywhere. My bad, but his ship was a dead ringer for a Rodan Marauder, and it was my civic duty to blow the enemy spacecraft out of the sky. Wasn’t it? Any hoo, I healed his owies and boogied.

I thought that was the end of it, but oh no. For some unknown reason, Sariel, the Askole High Commander, decided I would make him the perfect mate. As if. I think the blow to his head made him completely bonkers.

Sariel informed me the mating dance had begun and there was nothing I could do to stop it. The idiot had obviously never dealt with a witch before. I didn’t have the time to play games with him, so I did a little abracadabra alakazam and ran.

Sigh. The persistent Askole found me. Now I have a decision to make. Keep running or surrender to the High Commander. He is a damn good kisser.

Would the mating dance bring two lonely souls together? Who knew?

 

Sophia Rose's Review:

Looking for a good time?  No need to call that sketchy number graffitied on the park bench.  Simply pick up the latest Coletti Warlords sci-fi romance for a rousing, sexy adventures across the stars with a loveable bunch of grumbly alpha aliens and their sassy mostly human female counterparts as they work together to save the galaxy.

 

Forever Askole is the sixteenth entry in a light-hearted, steamy alien romance series that work best read in order as the overarching series plot and theme and recurring characters run in the background of each new book.

 

Ella is a psychic and a witch with powers that make the Coletti salivate to acquire.  But, oddly enough, Ella has no intentions of being taken and matched to one of their warlords to repopulate their race. She’s fine being free and human, thank you very much so she has run and hid in the outer reaches of Scotland to avoid the ‘draft’.  Not that the Coletti and their other alien allies are all bad.  They’re protecting earth from flesh eating aliens like the Tai-kok and Rodan and from those who would snatch humans and animals for experimentation to build a conquering army of the galaxy.  She helps them and her fellow humans when she can, but is lonely and wants to rejoin her sister who is also gifted and avoiding capture so fled to the stars on a job and is waiting for her to find a way.

Then opportunity knocked- or rather floated up on her island beach in the form of stolen Askole battle armor.  How was she to know that this event would trigger a chase of baddies and one, determined Askole High Commander and ally of the Coletti on her trail?  No, she will not succumb to Sariel’s attractive qualities.  He doesn’t want her; he wants her powers, right?

 

With a swashbuckling, flirty, and sexy tone and a rapid pace, Forever Askole pulled me in from the get go and I had a blast following Ella through her misadventures to outrun a determined mate, enemies, and a quest to get to her sister.  Ella got burned by a bad betrayal and she’s skeptical of males, but she also knows that any male who tries needs to see her and want her as a person and not a commodity.  She will only take full honesty and love after the last man gutted her.

 

Sariel is a recurring and familiar figure.  He’s not Coletti, but Askole, a race of alien allies to the warlords protecting earth and the galaxy.  His kind have scales, tentacles, fierce features, blinding speed, strength and fight hard.  Sariel has watched others find love and their mates including his son and now he wants his own turn with a strong female who can survive what gets tossed his way as a military commander of his race.  He gets overprotective and possessive, but he respects Ella as a partner in the fight, too.

 

Fun surprise that crops up in this installment which I’ll leave as non-spoilered, but there are also the usual elements like skirmishes with the baddies, cute alien critters, snappy dialogue, and teasing between the protagonists.

 

All in all, this latest was highly entertaining and left me sad at how fast I blasted through the pages.  Can’t wait to see what comes next for Ella’s sister Skye and a certain cocky Coletti chasing down the mad scientist and their new enemy who betrayed them all.  Sci-fi Romantic comedy lovers who don’t mind alien features and alpha attitudes should definitely put this book/series on the reading list.

 


Author Bio:

I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good. I’ve had my weird but true stories published in newspapers and magazines.

Website: http://www.gailkoger.com/home.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1433685593551377



Sophia’s Bio:

Sophia is a quiet though curious gal who dabbles in cooking, book reviewing, and gardening. Encouraged and supported by an incredible man and loving family. A Northern Californian transplant to the Great Lakes Region of the US. Lover of Jane Austen, Baseball, Cats, Scooby Doo, and Chocolate.

Sophia’s Social Media Links:

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/sophia.rose.7587

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sophiarose1816

GoodReads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13418187.Sophia_Rose

 

2 comments: